Already have a Username/Password for Open SUNY Textbooks?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Author owns the copyright of the work and this submission has not been previously published, or you retain the copyright to create a new work from your previous publication (Provide explanation in Comments to the Editor).
- Author agrees to the Author Guidelines, found on the Press website.
- Author is a current or emeriti teaching faculty member at a SUNY campus.
- Author agrees: Work will be published under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ as an Open SUNY Textbook. Author retains copyright of their work.
- Author agrees to complete 100% of the manuscript by 1/15/2015, and revise as needed during peer-review and copy editing to be completed by 6/1/2015
Authors who publish with this press agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the press right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons License (CC BY NC SA) that allows noncommercial use of the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this press, with the stipulation that it be shared under that same
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual series for the non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published by the press (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this press.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeThe Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this press site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this press and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.